The Book of Ceremony
The Book of Ceremony: Shamanic Wisdom for Invoking the Sacred in Everyday Life
We perform ceremonies to mark important events and celebrate holidays―yet our modern approach to ceremony only scratches the surface of its true potential. With The Book of Ceremony, shamanic teacher Sandra Ingerman presents a rich and practical resource for creating ceremonies filled with joy, purpose, and magic. "We are hungry to connect with more than what we experience with our ordinary senses in the material world," writes Sandra. "By performing ceremonies, you will find yourself stepping into a beautiful and creative power you might never have imagined."
Weaving shamanic teachings together with stories, examples, and guiding insights, The Book of Ceremony explores:
• The elements of a powerful ceremony―including setting strong intentions, choosing your space, preparing ceremonial items, and dealing gracefully with the unexpected
• Stepping into the sacred―key practices for leaving behind your everyday concerns and creating a space where magic can happen
• Guidance for working alone, in community, and across distances with virtual ceremonies
• Invoking spiritual allies―the power of working with the elements, the natural world, ancestor spirits, and the creative energy of the divine
• Sacred transitions―including ceremonies for weddings, births, rites of passage to adulthood, funerals, honorable closure, and new beginnings
• Ceremonies for energetic balance―healing and blessing, resolving sacred contracts, getting rid of limiting beliefs, creating Prayer Trees, and more
• Life as a ceremony―how to infuse your entire life with ceremonial practice, from planting a garden to revitalizing your home or office to helping heal our planet
The Book of Ceremony is more than a "how-to" guide―it will inspire you to create original ceremonies tailored to your own needs and the needs of your community. When you invoke the sacred power of ceremony, you tap into one of the oldest and most effective tools for transforming both yourself and the world. As Sandra writes, "If you perform one powerful and successful ceremony for yourself, the principle of oneness ensures that all of life heals and evolves."